Medical Visa (Med) and Medical Attendant (MedX)
This visa is given to people seeking medical treatment in India. Each patient can have up to two attendants helping them.
Approximate processing time:
Two to four weeks
Difficulty to get:
One year, or the duration of treatment, triple entry, can be extended
Maximum continuous stay:
180 days, unless registered
What you can do:
- Get medical treatment at a recognized institution
What you cannot do:
- Same as Tourist visa
- You must have a letter saying that you have been advised to pursue specialist treatment in a significant area of treatment.
- You must register at the FRRO within 14 days, unless your stay is less than 180 days.
- If you are coming for surrogacy, this is the visa you should have.
- If you are on a longer term visa and you fall ill after coming to India, it is possible to convert your visa to a medical one.
Back to the full list of visas here