Indian Tourist Visa (T)
This is the most common visa awarded and meant for the casual visitor.
Approximate processing time:
Difficulty to get:
Ten years (US and Canadian Citizens only as far as I know), most other countries max out at one year, multiple entry. It cannot be extended or transferred.
Maximum continuous stay:
What you can do:
- Recreational activities
- Sight seeing
- Have a casual visit with friends and relatives
- Casual business visits (I’m sure this is open to interpretation)
- Short duration medical treatment
What you cannot do:
- Earn any money
- Volunteer for an NGO or charity
- Conduct any kind of business
- There was a rule that required you to stay out of the country for two months between visits, but it has been dropped unless you are from: Afghanistan, China, Iran, Pakistan, Iraq, Sudan, Bangladesh, foreigners of Pakistan and Bangladesh origins or a stateless person.
- If you work for a NGO, a media company, or you work in a media-related profession, see the note in the visa application form guide. You may have trouble getting a tourist visa.
Back to the full list of visas here