“If you come back from India thinking that all is well, then you haven’t learned a thing.”
That’s the advice from Gunjan Bagla, the Indian Expert, in this episode of the Working with India Podcast. This is one of my favorite episodes so far, as we covered a wide variety of topics in great depth. Here’s another great quote:
“Don’t assume it’s always ok to call your Indian counterpart in the middle of the American day just because they took the first four calls and didn’t complain.”
Just a few of the things you should listen out for:
- Gunjan’s advice for motivating Indian teams
- How many trips you should expect to take to India before you find some traction
- The single piece of upcoming legislation that might have more economic impact than anything since 1991
- Which materials are great to read/watch before coming to India and which ones are worthless
- A good measure for how often you should be travelling to India if you manage a team here
Here are some links to find out more about Gunjan:
- His Wikipedia page
- Company page for Amritt, Inc.
- The India Expert blog
- The book: Doing Business in 21st Century India on Amazon.com and Amazon.in
You can listen in the player below, or subscribe on iTunes.