I’m constantly amazed at the paths people take to India.
Some people get called into an office one day and find themselves in an Indian airport the next week. Others come here trying to start their own business and capitalize on the Indian market. Others come to live out a sense of adventure.
Then there’s Robert.
Robert’s story in coming to India is unlike any other you’ve probably encountered. As an architectural student in the US, he had limitless opportunities ahead of him. Yet he single-mindedly sought out one specific architectural firm in one city in India, got his visa, and has spent the last 8 years here.
This month’s Working With India Podcast with Robert Stephens will expose you to someone who has chosen to dive very deep into Indian culture – both from a business and social perspective.
In this episode, Robert shares his thoughts on:
- How to practice good documentation in India with clients
- How to recover from offending a large government client
- How to encourage ownership and stop the attrition bleed at the office
- Best practices for those looking to stay in India long-term
Here are some additional links:
- Robert’s Facebook page
- Prema Milan (his blog) – learn about Triangles here
- Simple SuperStar Full Length Movie
- Wilbur’s YouTube Channel
Listen to the podcast in the player below, or subscribe on iTunes!