As you can tell if you listen to this podcast, I was really excited to get to have a personal conversation with Craig Storti. It was only after reading his book, Speaking of India, that I was first able to pinpoint some of the unique challenges that face anyone working with India.
Craig, who started out as a US Peace Corps volunteer, is extremely down-to-earth, and shares a lot of the wisdom he has gained over his many years.
Here are some highlights:
- Why being an expat doesn’t qualify you for cultural understanding
- What’s in the new edition of Speaking of India?
- Virtual working tips
- How different India is today vs. the Y2K years
- Why the best advice is still to pick up the phone
- The current state of intercultural training
- What Craig still struggles with about India
We reference a few articles in this conversation that you can find here: