Student Visa (S)
The student visa is for anyone who wants to study a certain subject in India.
Approximate processing time:
One to three weeks
Difficulty to get:
Duration of your studies or five years; multiple entry if it is long-term, single/double for shorter terms; can be extended up to five years
Maximum continuous stay:
180 days unless you register
What you can do:
- Study at an officially recognized institution in India
- Study yoga, Vedic culture, Indian dance/music/art at a recognized institution in India
What you cannot do:
- Make money from an Indian company or conduct business
- You need a confirmation letter from the institution.
- If it is pertaining to a medical course, you need approval from the Ministry of Health.
- If you want to explore possibilities, you can apply for a provisional Student visa. This can be converted to a full Student Visa at the FRRO.
- You must register at the FRRO within 14 days if your visa is valid for more than 180 days.
Back to the full list of visas here