Project Visa (P)
This is a new visa that is a subset of the employment visa. It is given to skilled workers coming to execute projects in the power and steel industry.
Approximate processing time:
One to two months
Difficulty to get:
Usually valid for one year, multiple entry, can be extended
Maximum continuous stay:
180 days, unless registered
What you can do:
- You can work on one specific project in a specific location in the steel and power industry
What you cannot do:
- Work on any other project
- Extensions must be approved by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- It is only given to skilled workers (often from China).
- The Project Visa is not subject to the same salary requirements as the Employment visa.
- You may not take up employment in that Indian company for a period of two years from the date the project is commissioned.
- There are ceiling limits to the number of visas issued per project.
- You must register at the FRRO if your visa is valid for more than 180 days.
Back to the full list of visas here