Conference Visa (C)
This visa is for people attending or presenting at a conference in India. Since this is considered more than tourism, it is placed in a separate category.
Approximate processing time:
Within a week if it is a public conference, up to a month if it is a private one
Difficulty to get:
Easy to Moderate depending on the conference
Usually valid for 30 days or the duration of the conference plus travel, single entry, not extendable
Maximum continuous stay:
Length of visa
What you can do:
- Attend a conference held by the government, public sector, private sector or an NGO
- Be a tourist
- Present a paper at a conference
- Participate in a sports tournament
What you cannot do:
- Same as Tourist visa
- If it is a sports event, it will need clearance from the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- If it is put on by a private group or an NGO, it will need approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs and the Ministry of External Affairs.
- You will need an invitation letter from the organizer.
- If you are setting up an exhibit at a conference in order to build business relationships, you should have a Business visa.
Back to the full list of visas here